Pitch Yourself, Earn a $1,000 Scholarship
Pursuing a degree in business? Not thrilled with the hefty college price tag?
If business is your pleasure, and you’re on your way to making it your field of study (and work, later on), you are in luck. Frontier Business is currently offering a scholarship for business majors who aren’t afraid to stretch their entrepreneurial muscles a bit. We know how important education is to the business leaders of tomorrow, and we have the tools and services to help you get where you want to go.
If you have what it takes to make it in your dream job, now is the time to show it. Let Frontier Business know how you plan to impact the world of business for the chance to win $1,000 to go toward books, tuition, or housing—whatever helps you in your academic pursuits.
- Topic: Write or produce/film a well-crafted elevator pitch explaining why you would be an ideal hire for the job of your dreams.
- Scenario: You’ve just run into the hiring manager for your ideal job at your dream company. You can’t let this opportunity slip through your fingers, so you decide to take a chance and pitch yourself as a potential candidate. Deliver a short yet thorough elevator pitch about why you would be a good fit at the company. Discuss what initially drew you to the business, and the innovative strides you would make while working there. Be creative, thoughtful, and compelling—remember, you’ve got one (short) shot to make an impression.
- Submission Instructions: Submissions must be in the form of a 200- to 300-word essay OR a 1- to 2-minute video (possible bonus points if it’s in an actual elevator—have some fun with it!). Keep in mind that an elevator ride is not particularly long, so make every word count.
- Criteria: Entrants must be graduating 2020 high school seniors or enrolled undergraduate students actively pursuing a business-related degree at a university, community college, or technical college. Submissions are only open only to students attending school in Texas.
- Qualifications: All entries will be judged based on style, creativity, articulation, and comprehension of the required topic. Submissions with poor spelling and grammar—or lack of professionalism—will not be considered. Remember, you want to stand out and impress the hiring manager, and be taken seriously.
How Do I Enter?
- Fill out the form below with your information.
- Attach your written submission OR the link to your video.
- Submit your entry no later than 11:59:59 p.m. PST on December 13, 2019.
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED
Rules and Eligibility
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States. Applicant must be enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university in the 2020 academic year. Applicants must also have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale. Employees of business.frontier.com, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
Description of Funds
The recipient will receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses, including undergraduate tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board for the 2020 academic year. Funds are provided by business.frontier.com. Payment is issued by business.frontier.com, made payable to the student’s approved college or university and mailed after December 20, 2019, directly to the accredited college or university last designated by the student.
Winner Selection and Announcements
The winner will be selected after business.frontier.com reviews all entries, after the deadline of December 13, 2019. Entries will be judged on creativity, thoughtfulness, composition, and insight. Suggestions should be actionable and focused on the theme of the scholarship question. Articles with poor grammar, spelling, and lack of proofreading will not be considered. The winner will be notified on or after December 20, 2019.
The institution must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. All school transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
Business.frontier.com reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program at any time without notice. All essay submissions and photographs become the property of business.frontier.com and may be reposted or displayed online, in whole or part, without notification. Business.frontier.com shall be entitled to use, alter, or delete submissions for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to applicants.
Terms and Conditions
The promoter of this competition is business.frontier.com whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Suite 300, Salt Lake City, UT 84116. Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate. Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate. There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.ASecureLife.com/scholarship. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on the business.frontier.com website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that business.frontier.com can notify the winner of the results. Closing date for entry will be December 13, 2019, at 11:59:59 p.m. PST. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted. Odds of winning are based on the total number of entrants. Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The winner will be chosen in house by business.frontier.com. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 35 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
Business.frontier.com will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected. The winner will receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and business.frontier.com reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. The winner’s name will be available 35 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Suite 300 Salt Lake City, UT 84116