Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a fiber-optic network different than other delivery systems?
Fiber-optic technology has several advantages for your business:
- Capacity. Fiber-optic cables can transmit more information than that of a copper cable with similar thickness, allowing for fast internet speeds
- Efficency. The signal degrades less in a fiber-optic cable compared to copper, which results in high-quality transmission of internet
- Signal Integrity. The technical design of fiber-optics is well suited to guard against environmental factors such as nearby electrical signals and interference, temperature spikes and moisture. This advanced system allows for the delivery of similar download and upload speeds.
How does FiberOptic Business Internet compare to Frontier’s standard business internet?
FiberOptic Internet for Business offers more bandwidth than our standard internet plans. That means your employees can get more done in less time. However, FiberOptic internet is not as widely available as standard internet.
Do I have to sign a contract? Is there an early termination fee?
FiberOptic Internet plans do not require an annual commitment and feature a 2-year price guarantee.*
What is the ideal speed for my needs?
The best internet speed for your business depends heavily on two factors: activities and users. You’ll find the right speed by multiplying the number of users by the amount of bandwidth common activities take.
What kind of equipment will I need with FiberOptic Business Internet?
Your internet connection is only as good as your equipment. That’s why Frontier tailors your Wi-Fi router to your package. Your business will be firing on all cylinders so you can focus on what really matters—serving your customers. And your Wi-Fi router/service is included with all FiberOptic Internet plans.
How can I benefit from fast upload speeds?
- With FiberOptic Internet for Business by Frontier, symmetrical speeds are available. This means your upload and download speeds will be equal. Typically, upload speeds are significantly slower with standard internet.
- Similar upload and download speeds are essential for modern businesses as cloud-based applications are more popular than ever. If your employees share large files, use digital phone systems, or collaborate via video conferencing, then fast speeds in both directions will ensure productivity doesn’t suffer.
How fast is Frontier FiberOptic Internet for Business?
Frontier offers FiberOptic Internet for Business plans with max wired speeds ranging from as fast as 300/300 Mbps download/upload to Gig Service with max speeds as fast as 940/880 Mbps download/upload
Which FiberOptic Internet for Business speed is right for me?
The right internet speed depends on what you use your internet for and how many users you have, but all plans can accommodate everyday business transactions, support cloud collaboration tools, and allow you to connect multiple Wi-Fi devices simultaneously.
Where is Frontier FiberOptic Internet for Business available?
FiberOptic Internet is available in select areas, so call us at to get a customized quote specific to your business location.