Frontier gets you connected with safety-first installations. Learn more about Frontier's response to COVID-19 here.
Help Me Understand My Frontier® Bill
Specific questions about your bill? Want to learn more about each section? We can help.
At a glance, the Account Summary is exactly as it sounds—it gives you an overview of your account:
- Account Number: 17-digit number unique to your Frontier account
- PIN Number: 4-digit unique identifier issued by Frontier
- Billing Date: first date of your billing cycle
- New Charges Due Date: when your bill payment is due
- Previous Balance: what you owed on your last bill
- Payments Received Thru DATE: when your last payment was received
- Balance Forward: unpaid balance
- New Charges: current charges to be paid
- Total Amount Due: what must be paid by the New Charges Due Date
On your first bill, your Previous Balance, Payments Received Thru, and Balance Forward will show as .00. On future bills, you may see dollar amounts. For example, if you miss a payment, you’ll see it listed as a Balance Forward.
The Account Summary also displays your Account Number and PIN. You need these to set up your Frontier ID. We’ll also need this information when you call us to update or make changes to your account.
You’ll see the following on your Payment Stub:
- Total Amount Due: what you owe
- New Charges Due Date: when your payment must be received to avoid late fees
- Account Number: your Account Number, and should match the Account Number listed under Account Summary
- Amount Enclosed: left blank so you must fill in with the same amount that is written on your check or money order
- Manifestline: your address
- Frontier P.O. Box: where you send your payment
If you’re mailing in your payment, detach the Payment Stub, and fill in “Amount Enclosed.” Include the Payment Stub in the envelope, with your check or money order, and write your Account Number on your check or money order.
Quick reference for phone numbers and Frontier policies.
Rather than stuff important information—phone numbers for billing and service questions, ways to pay your bill, and fee breakdowns—at the end of your bill, we put it here, on Page 2. Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll find:
How to Pay Your Bill
Paying by check gives Frontier a one-time authorization for an electronic funds transfer from your account, but you can also set up recurring electronic payments, known as Auto Pay. Setting up Auto Pay means you don’t have to remember to mail us a check each month!
Important Customer Messages
Under Important Customer Messages, you’ll see bullet points, one of which explains that we periodically audit our bills for accuracy. Sometimes this results in a retroactive billing adjustment, so if a bill seems off one month, this may be a reason why.
Service Terms explains where to go to read more about our Terms, Tariffs, and Conditions and Policies. These include limitations of liability, early termination fees, and a binding arbitration provision for resolving customer disputes.
If you have questions about your bill, and can’t find an answer anywhere in this Understanding My Bill section, give us a call. We can help.View All General Billing Frequently Asked Questions
A list of all your Frontier services, like Internet, TV, and Phone.
The Monthly Service Charges section of your bill shows you the billing period and lays out all the recurring charges for your services and necessary equipment, like DVRs, modems, routers and set-top boxes. It also shows the start and end dates for any promotions you’ve received.
This section varies depending on whether you signed up for only Internet, only Phone, a Frontier Double Play bundle, or a Frontier Triple Play bundle, and if you’ve received any promotional deals.
For example, a bill for a Triple Play bundle may include these recurring charges:
Digital Phone Unlimited Term 12/22/15-12/21/18 $30.99
- Digital Phone Credit ACL
- Resident 1 Party Flat Rate
- DP Unlimited Feature Pack
- Unlimited US Interstate
FiOS 30/30 Term 12/22/15-12/21/18 $24.99
- FiOS 30/30 Loop
- FiOS 30/30 Port
2 Room HD STB Package $19.99
- QIP STB - 2 Room Package
FiOS TV Prime HD Term 12/22/15-12/21/17 $75.99
Total Monthly Service Charges $151.96
In this example, not only do you see a list of services and corresponding promotional start and end dates, but also additional details like a list of items under Digital Phone Unlimited. That list of items highlights the features that come with the digital phone service.
However, if you’ve signed up for a package plan or a bundle, you may not see an itemized list of features. This is due to regulatory requirements and other billing needs. Instead, it may simply look like a list of the services and equipment:
- Frontier FiOS Digital Voice Term 2/21/15 - 2/10/18 $15.01
- FiOS 100/100 Term 2/21/15 - 2/10/18 -$24.99
- Gateway Router Rental $9.99
- Quantum Enhanced DVR $22.00
- STB - 4 Room Package $34.99
- FiOS TV Extreme HD $83.99
Total Monthly Service Charges $140.99
Even though it isn’t an itemized list of features, it still shows the term start and end dates, and start and end dates for promotions.View All Frequently Asked Questions
A list of charges associated with your services.
This is where you’ll find one-time installation charges and fees for new services, surcharges and late fees that may apply, and applicable credits. You may also see your promotions listed as a separate line-item credit. Taken together, Other Service Charges and Credits may look like this:
- Carrier Cost Recovery Surcharge $1.99
- Double Play Credit -$5.00
Total Other Service Charges and Credits -$3.01
If it’s your first bill, you will also see Partial Month Charges, which are billed from the first day of your new service through the end of the first billing cycle. It may look like:
- Frontier FiOS Digital Voice 02/11-03/01 $19.00
- FiOS 100/100 02/21-03/01 $54.33
- Gateway Router Rental 02/11-03/01 $6.33
- Quantum Enhanced DVR 02/11-03/01 $13.93
- STB - 4 Room Package 02/11-03/01 $22.16
- FiOS TV Preferred HD 02/11-03/01 $31.60
- FiOS TV Extreme HD 02/22-03/01 $22.40
Total Other Service Charges and Credits $112.99
If you’ve added services during a billing cycle, you’ll also see them listed under Partial Month Charges. This information includes the service start date through the end of the billing cycle, and the charges associated with that time period.View All Frequently Asked Questions
At Frontier, we first separate Taxes and Other Charges into a general list:
At Frontier, we first separate Taxes and Other Charges into a general list:
- Federal Taxes and Charges* $12.27
- State Taxes and Other Charges* $3.26
Total Taxes and Other Charges $15.53
The general list provides the total amount of taxes applied to your bill, broken down into federal and state taxes. The * means we provide more detail on the page four of your bill under Details of Taxes and Other Charges.
Place to check for rate changes, and other things that may impact your bill.
It can be easy to miss, or simply skim, so here’s an overview of information you’ll find, and why you’ll want to give it a read:
- Rate change: you’ll find information related to rate changes, like effective date and the amount, which may impact your bill.
- Balance Forward: if you have a Balance Forward, you’ll see the minimum payment required to avoid service disruption or collection activities.
- Your current promotional rate: if you signed up with a promotion, you’ll also find the expiration date of your promotion here.
Other useful information, like changes to Frontier’s Terms of Service (TOS), payment address changes if you pay your bill through an online bank, and a reminder about returning equipment are also included in Important Customer Information.
There’s also a few paragraphs about the collection and use of Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI), and how you can opt out.View All Frequently Asked Questions
Quick reference for phone calls you’ve made during a billing period.
If you have phone service with Frontier, whether as a VoIP offering or landline, you’ll see a complete list of calls on the last page of your bill:
- Ref #: call order
- Date: the date during the billing cycle the call was made
- Time: what time the call was made
- Min: the number of minutes the call lasted
- *Type: whether the call was made during the day, evening, or night
- Place and Number Called: city and state abbreviation of where the caller is located, and the number you called
- Charge: cost of the call, which will show as $0.00 for unlimited plans