The world is showing the love for HER in SUPERHEROES
For a long time, we lived in a world that consisted of the might of Superman, the bravery of Batman, and the genius of Iron Man. But in recent years we’ve begun to see some new faces on the silver screen. Wonder Woman inspired us with her rope of truth, Supergirl blazed into our lives straight from Krypton, and characters such as X-Men’s Storm lit up the sky—and our imagination.
Taking the world over in a mighty way, these super ladies have not only won the hearts of the American people but fans worldwide. People everywhere were stirred as Diana Prince climbed the barricade and ran headfirst into bullets and battle, and cheered when Captain Marvel took out the Kree and sent them fleeing from Earth.
As a sequel to the smash hit Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman 1984 will soon hit the big screen. Not far behind we’ll see the origin story behind where assassin extraordinaire Black Widow comes from.
So which heroic woman has won the hearts of citizens in which country? The team at Go.Frontier decided to find out how much love has spread internationally for these ladies who pack a real punch.
- The top three defenders are Captain Marvel with the biggest fanbase in Thailand, Storm with her number one fans in Norway, and Supergirl with fans hailing from Brazil.
- Captain Marvel came out on top as the number one favorite female superhero in eighty-three countries.
- Harley Quinn placed number one in twelve Spanish-speaking countries, including Mexico, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Argentina, Uruguay, Bolivia, Colombia, Chile, Guatemala, Panama, Peru, and Paraguay.
- Wonder Woman, played by Gal Gadot, was the second-most popular female superhero in Israel (the actresses’ native country) and around the world with only Captain Marvel beating her out of the top spot.
- Wonder Woman lassoed the hearts of three countries around the world, with Hungary leading the way.
- Norwegians have proved they’re not afraid of a little inclement weather. Norway was the only country to vote for X-Men’s Storm and also awarded her the honor of being their favorite female superhero.
Go.Frontier looked at each country’s population, Gross Domestic Product (GDP), and paid time off to determine the top 100 countries to analyze. From there, we used the twenty-six female superheroes with recently released movies (thirteen from Marvel and thirteen from DC) to determine each country’s most-popular movie.
|Antigua and Barbuda||Captain Marvel|
|Bosnia and Herzergov||Captain Marvel|
|Costa Rica||Harley Quinn|
|Dominican Republic||Captain Marvel|
|New Zeland||Captain Marvel|
|Puerto Rico||Captain Marvel|
|Saudi Aurabia||Captain Marvel|
|South Africa||Captain Marvel|
|Sri Lanka||Captain Marvel|
|Trinidad and Trobago||Captain Marvel|
|United Arab Emirates||Captain Marvel|
Power Your Internet Like a Superhero
Want to relive every exciting moment? Go.Frontier makes it easy for you to save like a superhero. Get the internet speed you need with a super affordable deal and power up like a superhero.
So whether you’re a fan of the chaotic neutral nature of Harley Quinn, the fierce prowess of Gamora, or the raw energy of Jean Grey, these heroes have taught us that the world loves girl power—and these heroes are here to stay.
This post is created by go.frontier.com and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or approved by Marvel Entertainment, LLC, The Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, DC Entertainment, or Warner Brothers.
Go.Frontier is an online authorized reseller of Frontier Communications.
Please direct all media inquiries to email@example.com.